Sunday, January 27, 2008

SBR freeze

During our MLK weekend at SBR, temperatures dropped pretty low for these Gulf Coast dwellers. The weather reports called for a good freeze, and we all were watching the thermometer drop during the night. Mom said she saw it at 1 a.m. at 28F. I got up to use the bathroom about 2 a.m. and it was 27F.

The final number?
24 degrees!
At 7 a.m. just as the sun began to rise, I captured the outdoor thermomete showing 24.5F, and brr was it chilly inside the house. Each bedroom had a heater, so it was at least 60F while we were sleeping. Outside everything looked beautiful beneath a layer of frost.
Looking outside early Sunday morning

Despite the cold, everyone found plenty to do Sunday.


Chess in front of the heater Bryan spent a little time playing chess with Cameron. I "played" a little with Brenna, who surprised me by demonstrating that she understood the movement of about half the pieces. She only had to be reminded a few times about the others.


Playing outsideDespite the cold weather -- it warmed to about 45 -- both girls enjoyed playing on the porch. Bryan took them fishing at the back tank in the early afternoon.

Cameron fishing
Brenna fishing I visited them for a short while, then Dad and I walked the back 80. Bryan moved the girls to the front tank, where they caught two fish! (And I had the camera, so no photos!)

No comments: